What is a good Java SDK, and how do I run Lucene in it?
|Eclipse (see link below) is a good SDK for Java. The following steps work in Eclipse 3.2, and similar steps will surely work in more advanced versions of eclipse:|
1. Download one of the lucene source packages from http://apache.spd.co.il/lucene/java/.
2. Unzip the file somewhere in your system.
3. In Eclipse, open a new Java project (File->new->project, select "java project" and click next)
4. Give your project a name, leave the other defaults as-is, and click "next"
5. In the "Java Settings" dialog, click on "link additional source"
6. Select the directory "lucene-2.#.#/src/java" (should have been created at step 2).
7. Click "Finish" on the "create project" dialog, and that should do it.
(The official Lucene site is http://lucene.apache.org/)