Credit points: 3
This course is offered at the Computer Science Department.
It is aimed for students studying Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics who want to gain basics in the new and evolving subjects of Quantum Computation, Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Information.
One of the following combinations is required:
- CS Dept.: Physics 1m (114071) and Algorithms 1 (234247)
- Physics Dept.: Quantum Physics 1 (115203)
- EE Dept.: First option: Physics 3h (114073); Second option: Physics 2mm (114075) and Introduction to Prob. (104034) and Algo. Design & Analysis (046002)
- Math. Dept.: Physics 1m (114071) and Function Theory 1 (104122)
- Chemistry/Material Depts.: Quantum Chemistry 1 (124400)
Final Exam: 80%
Home Assignments: 20%
The material for the exam includes all the material taught in the lectures, the tutorials, and the home assignments, including material from the discussions in class.
Books, review articles, etc., mentioned in the lectures and tutorials are for reference and further explanations only, and are not part of the material for the exam, unless explicitly written otherwise.
Lecture: Monday 12:30-14:30
Tutorial: Tuesday 12:30-13:30
Dr. Itai Arad's course: "Quantum Information Theory" 116031