- There will be 5 homework assignments.
- Assignments may have wet parts and dry parts. Wet parts will be submitted electronically only - make sure to save the confirmation code generated when submitting. Dry parts are not for submission.
- Home work submission must be done in pairs, You can use the "Find a Partner" section in the website for matchmaking.
- The penalty for late submission is 2^n where n is the number days late. For example for a one day late submission penalty is 2 point, for 5 days 32, ect.
- All late submissions must be electronically through the course site, late submissions submitted by mail will be ignored.
- Friday and Saturday together are considered 1 day.
- Postponement requests must be sent to the TA-in-charge (not to the TA responsible for the assignment) and will only be approved due to reserve duty (miluim) or in extreme cases.
- The final grade will by calculated by the following formula: if T is the exam grade and H is the homework grade, the final grade will be:
T - sign(H-T)*sqrt(abs(H-T))
That is, if the homework grade is greater than the exam greade, the square root of the difference is added to the exam, and f it's less than the exam grade, it's subtracted from the exam grade.
However, if the exam grade is less than 50, then the exam grade is the final grade.