Course regulationsThe course regulations document is available here. Please go over the document to avoid surprises. The following is based on the regulations document:
- There will be 5 homework assignments; see the exam section below regarding the homework weight.
- A submission of up to 3 days will incur a penalty of 5 points. Unapproved later submissions will not be accepted.
- Assignments will have a mandatory wet part, and possibly a dry part. The wet part should be submitted electronically only - make sure to save the confirmation code generated when submitting. The dry part is not for submission, and will not be evaluated.
- Home work submission must be done in pairs, You can use the "Find a Partner" section in the website for matchmaking.
- All late submissions must be done electronically through the course site. Submissions by email will be ignored.
- The weekend (Friday and Saturday) counts as a single day.
- Postponement requests must be sent to the TA-in-charge (not to the TA responsible for the assignment) and will only be approved due to reserve duty (miluim) or in extreme cases.
ExamThe final exam will be with closed material. See multiple examples on the Course Material -> Exams section.
If, due to Covid-19 instructions, we are unable to hold a physical exam, there will instead either be an online exam or an oral one, with the same weight in the final grade.
Final gradeThe weight of the homework grades depend on the difference between the homework grade and the exam grade - the larger the difference, the smaller the weight. The final grade will be calculated as follows*:
T ± sqrt(|H - T|), where
Tis the exam grade,
His the homework grade, and
±depends on whether the homework grade is higher or lower than the exam grade.
* The exact formula may be slightly changed. If it is, a proper notification will be given.