- 234123 - Operating Systems
- or 046209 - Operating systems structure
- Learning the different threats on computer systems.
- Learning different approaches for protecting computer resources.
- Acquiring the ability to construct and implement security policy.
- Presenting developments in information and computer security.
- The course will not teach how to attack other computers or systems.
- The exam will be graded as 70% of the final grade.
- The average of the exercises will be graded as 30% of the final grade. Exercises weights will be determined according to their length.
- Exam grade must be 50 or above in order to pass the course. If less than 50, it will be the final grade (i.e., failure in the course).
- During the semester 5-6 exercises will be published (1-2 wet exercises).
- The submissions of the exercises are in singles!
- Submission of exercises is mandatory. Un-submitted exercise will receive a grade of 0.
- Late submissions will not be accepted, unless you get a prior permission from the TA in charge.
- As a rule, exercise grades from prior semesters will not be transferred.
- Exercises' submissions and feedback will be handled electronically, through the course's website. There is no mail-box for the course.
- Appeals should be submitted by email to the teaching assistant in charge at most a week after the grades are published.
Related Courses at the Technion
See a more complete list in http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~biham/Courses/
- Computer Security (236490)
- Reverse Engineering (236496)
- Modern Cryptology (236506)
- Cryptanalysis (236500)
- Cryptography And Complexity (236508)
- Advanced Topics in Cryptography (236612)
- Advanced Topics in Cryptography L (236613)
- Advanced Topics in Computer Security L (236652)
- Advanced Topics in Computer Security L+T (236653)
- Project in Computer Security (236349)