- 234120 or 234123 (Introduction to Operating Systems)
- Learning the different threats on computer systems.
- Learning different approaches for protecting computer resources.
- Acquiring the ability to construct and implement security policy.
- Presenting developments in Information and computer security.
- The course will not teach how to attack other computers or systems.
- During the semester 5-6 exercises will be handed.
- The submissions of the exercises are in pairs. You can use the Find a Partner section in the website for matchmaking.
- You must submit your work with a formal title page, available under the Assignments tab.
The average grade of the exercises is 25% "Magen". Exercises weights will be determined according to their length.
Un-submitted exercises will receive a grade of 0.
- Homework grades are taken into consideration only if the exam grade is higher than 50.
- Late submissions will not be accepted, unless you get a prior permission from Yaniv.
- Late submissions should include a special title page, avaialble under the Assignments tab, and should be submitted to Yaniv's mailbox (5th floor).
- Do NOT put exercises in the course's submission box after the formal submission time.
- This semester there will be an option to submit a project. Details about projects will be published on the Assignments sections of the website.
- The submissions of the projects are in pairs only. You can use the Find a Partner section in the website for matchmaking.
The project grade is 7.5% or 15% "Magen", depending on project type.
Project grades are taken into consideration only if the exam grade is higher than 50.
- There is no relation or dependency between project submission and homework submission ("Magen" percentages are additive). Only one project can be submitted.
Related courses in the Technion:
- Modern Cryptology (236506)
- Cryptography And Complexity (236508)
- Advanced Topics in Cryptography (236612)
- Advanced Topics in Cryptography H (236613)
How to use this web site
In this site you'll find a lot of useful information that can help you pass the course successfully (and in one strike). It is recommended that you read the FAQ section. It may help you by answering some of the more popular questions and save you a lot of time and effort. It is advised you check the News section at least twice a week, many interesting announcements can be found there.
|<IMG height=15 src="http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/Images/spacer.gif" width=1>|
|<IMG height=1 src="http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/Images/spacer.gif" width=1>|