HW3 News and FAQ
|1. How do I verify that the input is not an integer?|
A. Please see Tutorial 2 P. 29
2. Is 1.0 legal integer?
3. Is -998 legal integer?
4. NEWS - Version 3 was uploaded. Fixes are marked in green
5. How will scanf behave if .... and how to detect .... in case of keyboard input and/or redirection?
The suggestion to use fseek WAS REMOVED.
Scanf is a tricky function and many questions about it arise every semester. You will have to play with it a little and see how it behaves in different situations.
There is probably no way around that.
In redirection, the fseek command suggested in previous HW3 versions clears the whole redirected input, thus causing different behavior from keyboard input.
Please read the updated HW3 instructions what to do if scanf returned -1 (end of input), and other cases.
6. In Q1, what should my code to do in case of empty matrix (input of -1 without and other values)?
A.Empty matrix is sparse
7.What is the difference between "ILLEGAL BOARD" and "ILLEGAL INPUT"?
A. ILLEGAL INPUT and ILLEGAL BOARD are different situations.
ILLEGAL INPUT is bad input length, bad characters, ...
ILLEGAL BOARD is something like this: XXXXXXXXX (9 Xs).
7. The following input: 1 e 1 0 0 3 0 0 -1 produces the following output:
Illegal input. Please enter input from start
Matrix is sparse
8. Can we test our program on various inputs, not just the ones supplied on Moodle?
We are working on a website where you can test your program on input of your choice, not just the ones supplied on the website.
Meanwhile, if you are using windows, you can test the behavior of your program against the programs found in the following link:
How can I see the course website of a previous semester?
|Go to the course homepage: https://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234126/|
At the top right corner, click the box containing the name of the current semester (e.g. Spring 2020).
Then, choose the desired semester from the menu.