Final grades available
Thank you all for your hard work throughout this challenging semester and for thoughtful and clear presentations.|
Your grades for the seminar are now available in GR and will be updated in your grade-sheet shortly. 55% of your grade reflect your attendance, and 5% reflect your participation in class. This explains differences between partners’ grades.
Good luck with your remaining exams, stay healthy, and enjoy the summer!
|פורסם ב-9/7/2021, 12:37:40 Created on 9/7/2021, 12:37:40 Создано9/7/2021, 12:37:40 تم النشر ب-9/7/2021, 12:37:40|
Virtual Systems and Storage Conference
Systor (Systems and Storage Conference) 2021 will be held in online on June 14-16: https://www.systor.org/2021/program.html|
This is an international conference, so the talks will start at 17:00 each day.
I strongly encourage you to check out the program, register, and attend those sessions whose topics are of interest to you. Many talks are closely related to topics we discuss in this seminar, and will give you a taste of the most recent advances in the field.
Registration is free!
|פורסם ב-3/6/2021, 12:03:16 Created on 3/6/2021, 12:03:16 Создано3/6/2021, 12:03:16 تم النشر ب-3/6/2021, 12:03:16|
Available room for the seminar
Room 201 is available for those of you who wish to connect to the Zoom lecture session from campus.|
The room will be reserved for us until the end of the semester, there is no need to register or request in advance.
|פורסם ב-18/4/2021, 11:52:27 Created on 18/4/2021, 11:52:27 Создано18/4/2021, 11:52:27 تم النشر ب-18/4/2021, 11:52:27|
Paper assignments available
The assignments of papers is available in the “material” section of the course site. Please mark the date of your presentation and let me know ASAP is there is any restriction that was overlooked.|
Remember to fill the questionnaire on the day before each lecture: https://forms.gle/JkQeEutiCAq2vo6HA
and to send me your slides for review and feedback at least one week before your presentation.
Enjoy the holiday,
|פורסם ב-24/3/2021, 19:04:21 Created on 24/3/2021, 19:04:21 Создано24/3/2021, 19:04:21 تم النشر ب-24/3/2021, 19:04:21|
Welcome to the seminar on Storage Giants!|
This message includes important guidelines for the seminar. Please read it carefully.
* TODO summary *
- First lecture is in Zoom
- View the first 20 minutes of Monday’s video, make sure you understand basic terms
- Choose partner for paper presentation (undergraduate students only)
- Send me papers you wish to present in order of priority
* Hybrid semester *
The first lecture will be in Zoom only – the link appears in the Lectures section. After Passover we will continue in a hybrid format according to the Technion guidelines. More details will be given in the first lecture.
* First lecture *
After a brief introduction, we will view together a recorded keynote talk by Doug Terry, a Senior Principal Technologist at Amazon:
This will be a guided viewing (i.e., we will occasionally stop for comments and explanations), but you are required to view the first 20 minutes of the talk before class. Here are a few notes to help you.
- The recorded talk is in English, and includes technical terms you are used to hear in Hebrew. It is recommended to view it with Subtitles, even though they are also in English and are autogenerated by YouTube. Go to “settings” at the bottom of the video window and choose “Subtitles/CC”.
- You need to be familiar with some basic terms and concepts that are taught in other courses in the CS department. Look for the list of terms and links to relevant lecture slides and recordings under “lectures” in the course material section of this seminar.
* Choosing papers *
The list of papers for the seminar appears in the “course material” section. The order of the papers is approximate and some changes may be made to fit assignment constraints. Please review the list and send me the following details:
- A list of the top three papers you prefer, in order of priority.
- Any constraints you might have for the timing of your lecture.
- Graduate students present alone, undergraduate students present in pairs – one email per pair is enough.
|עדכון אחרון ב-15/3/2021, 17:39:55 Last updated on 15/3/2021, 17:39:55 Последняя модификация15/3/2021, 17:39:55 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب-15/3/2021, 17:39:55|