First lecture follow-up
|Thank you all for actively participating in yesterday's lecture. The recording is now online in the "material" section. If you have any feedback or suggestions that you think can improve our e-learning experience, please send me an email.|
The paper assignments are complete, and the presentation order is according to the list of papers. Don’t forget to fill in the questionnaire on the day before each lecture:
Good luck and good health,
|פורסם ב- 24/3/2020, 16:17:59 Created on 24/3/2020, 16:17:59 Создано 24/3/2020, 16:17:59 تم النشر ب- 24/3/2020, 16:17:59|
Preparation for online lectures
|As most of you are probably aware, all the Technion courses will be given online until further notice. We will ‘meet’ in a weekly Zoom meeting at the Seminar’s scheduled hour. I will give the first lecture, and each of the following lectures will be given by one or two students, as described in the previous message.|
You will also give your presentations in Zoom. To help you with this process, I will soon share with you some useful links, and will be available for a ‘test run’ before your scheduled presentation. You should be able to present from home, and you will also be able to present from my office, if that is more convenient for you.
The link for the lectures is: https://technion.zoom.us/j/146875336
The Meeting ID is: 146 875 336
Please join with your full name, to help us get to know one another. You will need a desktop/laptop computer with a camera and a microphone. Smartphones/tablets are also an option, but a less convenient one.
Last but not least: those of you who have not done so already, please find a partner (you can use the ‘find a partner’ tab) and send me your paper preferences ASAP. Hint: there are already several requests for the first five papers, so make sure you also specify choices from the bottom half of the list.
See you all next week,
|פורסם ב- 16/3/2020, 22:49:29 Created on 16/3/2020, 22:49:29 Создано 16/3/2020, 22:49:29 تم النشر ب- 16/3/2020, 22:49:29|
Welcome and paper selection
|Welcome again to the seminar!|
The list of papers has been posted in the "material" section, and you can start looking at them and selecting a paper you would like to present.
A few notes on paper selection:
- I will give the first lecture of the seminar, papers will be presented starting week 2.
- The order of the presentations will be similar to the order in the list (although minor changes are possible).
- Graduate students will each present one paper.
- Undergraduate students should find a partner and choose papers in pairs.
- Please send me (by email) a list of 2-3 papers you are interested in presenting, in order of priority, and any constraint you might have regarding the time of the presentation.
* Please specify any planned travel abroad (even if the travel will not cause you to miss class), so that unexpected isolation periods do not fall on your turn to present the paper (as much as we can plan ahead) *
- Paper assignment will be made based on your requests, constraints, and background.
|פורסם ב- 12/3/2020, 11:48:49 Created on 12/3/2020, 11:48:49 Создано 12/3/2020, 11:48:49 تم النشر ب- 12/3/2020, 11:48:49|