Student parents adjustments
As previously reported, we prepare to make some adjustments aimed at helping parent students with the load of the assignments.
For that, we ask all parent students to contact Ronen via email (ASAP) and fill out the request form here: https://tinyurl.com/yys8ruax as soon as possible.
|פורסם ב- 24/10/2020, 23:29:16 Created on 24/10/2020, 23:29:16 Создано 24/10/2020, 23:29:16 تم النشر ب- 24/10/2020, 23:29:16|
Zoom recordings and a personal request
The videos are up and you can find them under the "material" section.
As for now, it seems that only students with the Technion campus account (@campus...) have access to the videos that are located in the Panopto video server.
I'll give you an update about it as soon as possible but meanwhile, I suggest that the free listeners try to attend the live sessions.
Also, I'd like to ask you to use Piazza for everything that is not highly personal.
"when will this week's videos be ready" ==> should be in the Piazza
"can you tell me more about data exploration" ==> Piazza
"What time will the tutorial/lecture take place" ==> Google and then, Piazza
"Reception hour.." ==> Piazza
"I have some medical condition ..." ==> talk to Ronen via mail ( )
"I can't log into Piazza" ==> talk to Ronen via mail ( )
You are a group of very motivated students and we want you to get a good learning experience but please keep in mind that we have some other responsibilities.
|פורסם ב- 22/10/2020, 16:42:02 Created on 22/10/2020, 16:42:02 Создано 22/10/2020, 16:42:02 تم النشر ب- 22/10/2020, 16:42:02|
פניות למרצה במייל
|תלמידים יקרים שלום,|
אבקשכם כאשר אתם פונים אליי, לציין את שמכם, את מספר תעודה הזהות שלכם ואת מספר הקורס 236756 בפנייה
אני מלמד יותר מקורס אחד ויש לי מאות סטודנטים
מיילים שבהם לא יופיעו פרטים אלה לא יזכו להתיחסות.
בנוסף, עיניינים הקשורים לפן הטכני של הקורס, למשל הרצאות מוקלטות, איך לעבוד עם ג'ופיטר פייתון, שיעורי בית וכו אבקש שתנסו קודם להפנות לצוות המתרגלים.
שעות הקבלה שלי יהיו ביומי ראשון ב 12:30 אבל אבקשכת לכתוב לי במייל מראש אם בכוונתכם להגיע.
|פורסם ב- 22/10/2020, 09:13:43 Created on 22/10/2020, 09:13:43 Создано 22/10/2020, 09:13:43 تم النشر ب- 22/10/2020, 09:13:43|
The links to the course Zoom meetings as well as today's presentations are detailed in the "materials" section in the webcourse.
|פורסם ב- 21/10/2020, 09:42:10 Created on 21/10/2020, 09:42:10 Создано 21/10/2020, 09:42:10 تم النشر ب- 21/10/2020, 09:42:10|
Get to know you questionnaire
Please take your time and fill the questionnaire in the following link.
We aim that it will help us know you and your needs better towards the upcoming semester.
Also, there's an open text box in the bottom of the form;
you can use it bring to our attention any further course-related details.
|פורסם ב- 18/10/2020, 22:28:41 Created on 18/10/2020, 22:28:41 Создано 18/10/2020, 22:28:41 تم النشر ب- 18/10/2020, 22:28:41|
Course forum in Piazza
Welcome to Introduction to Machine Learning course!
We'll be conducting all class-related discussions with Piazza this term.
Please visit the course forum via this link and get familiar with it:
The quicker you begin asking questions on Piazza (rather than via emails), the quicker you'll benefit from the collective knowledge of your classmates and instructors. We encourage you to ask questions when you're struggling to understand a concept—you can even do so anonymously.
|פורסם ב- 18/10/2020, 15:30:54 Created on 18/10/2020, 15:30:54 Создано 18/10/2020, 15:30:54 تم النشر ب- 18/10/2020, 15:30:54|
Welcome to Introduction to Machine Learning (Winter 2020/21)
We are excited to open the course 236756 (introduction to machine learning).
We have a few announcements:
1. Unless otherwise stated, we will always be using the CS webcourse platform for communicating with the students (announcements, course material, links to videos, homework publication, submission, and grading feedback).
2. Presentations, announcements, homework assignments will be published in English. Online and frontal classes will be offered in Hebrew. The exam text will be written in Hebrew. If requested by students, the exam text will be translated into English.
3. Most of the homework will be “wet”, i.e. will require coding and code execution, and we require good documentation, understandable code, simplicity. Some homework will be “dry”, i.e. will require handing in free-text answers. Answers to dry homework must be typed in (which means handwritten \ scanning is forbidden). You are allowed to submit answers to dry questions in either Hebrew or English. The grading feedback will be in Hebrew (unless the student explicitly asks for English).
4. Late homework submission will cost you in grade. The exact deadlines and late submission “price tags” will be announced in due time. Deadlines and price tags will be non-negotiable.
5. The course is not based on a single book. We do offer some references to prominent literature in the “course material” tab, and we may point to relevant chapters as the course progresses.
6.1 As of the date of writing these lines, the government has imposed a major three-week-long lockdown to combat the high infection rates in Israel. It is impossible to know what the policy will be during the semester, and we will hence be prepared to offer the lecture and the tutorials both on-campus and online, as imposed by the government and the Technion. In one extreme scenario, all classes and tutorials will be offered on campus, with no limit on student numbers. In another extreme scenario, all classes and tutorials will be done by Zoom online. We will most likely follow an in-between scenario, allowing X students physically attending the lectures, and Y students physically attending the tutorials, where X and Y depend on the Corona policy and the classroom size. Enforcement of the physical attendance (including possibly mandatory pre-registration) will be done using Technion protocols. All lectures will be recorded.
6.2 The Corona policy will not affect homework rules, because they are 100% online anyway.
6.3 There are 3 exam scenarios. (1) onsite (2) online and (3) take-home exam. We leave all three scenarios open and will decide in due course based on the guidelines.
7. Course grading: passing grade in the final exam is a necessary condition for passing the course. (If you fail the exam, you fail the course). In case you pass the exam, your final course grade will be
40% home assignments:
* Wet (coding) homework assignments must be submitted in pairs
* Dry assignments should be submitted individually.
* Changing partners is NOT allowed after the first assignment is submitted.
8. Let us note that we've increased the quota of registrants for the course to 80 students so that there are 20 more places for those who are interested.
Good luck and health,
The course staff (Nir Ailon, Ronen Nir, Tom Avrech)
|עדכון אחרון ב- 20/9/2020, 22:03:43 Last updated on 20/9/2020, 22:03:43 Последняя модификация 20/9/2020, 22:03:43 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 20/9/2020, 22:03:43|