Major assignment 1 is out
Major assignment 1 (out of 3) is now available in the assignment section.
It is due by Tuesday 04.05.2021 at 23:59. Each day of delay costs 5 points.
Submission is in pairs only.
The assignment is mandatory and its grade is worth 10% of the final grade. We trust you to solve it solely with your partner.
The assignment concentrates on data exploration and data preparation. All three major assignments will handle the same data, so that the insights you will gain in this assignment will help you throughout the two other assignments.
The assignment depends on the material of the first 3 lectures and 2 tutorials, but knowledge from more advanced lectures and tutorials may certainly help you.
|פורסם ב- 12/4/2021, 22:22:02 Created on 12/4/2021, 22:22:02 Создано 12/4/2021, 22:22:02 تم النشر ب- 12/4/2021, 22:22:02|
Changes for week 3
We have some changes in next week's schedule due to the national Memorial day.
* The third lecture will be held on Sunday, 11.04, at 16:30-18:30, at Taub 2.
* No lecture on Tuesday (13.04).
* Guy's tutorial on Monday (12.04) - as usual.
* Itay's tutorial on Tuesday (13.04) - as usual.
* Amir's tutorial on Wednesday (14.04) is cancelled and rescheduled to Sunday (18.04) at 16:30-17:30.
After next week the course schedule is supposed to stabilize.
|פורסם ב- 7/4/2021, 08:54:36 Created on 7/4/2021, 08:54:36 Создано 7/4/2021, 08:54:36 تم النشر ب- 7/4/2021, 08:54:36|
Reminder - Itay's first tutorial is on Sunday
We wish to remind you that Itay's first tutorial will be held on Sunday, 04.04, at 16:30-17:30.
It will take place in Taub 5 and broadcasted live on Zoom (but not recorded).
The second tutorial of this group will be held on the usual time (Tuesday).
|עדכון אחרון ב- 4/4/2021, 08:23:01 Last updated on 4/4/2021, 08:23:01 Последняя модификация 4/4/2021, 08:23:01 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 4/4/2021, 08:23:01|
Links to the Panopto folders containing the recordings of the lectures and the tutorials are available on the course material section.
Lectures: will all be recorded.
Tutorials: only Guy's and Amir's (Monday and Wednesday) will be recorded. Itay's tutorials (Tuesday) will not be recorded.
We wish you a happy Passover
|עדכון אחרון ב- 25/3/2021, 15:47:35 Last updated on 25/3/2021, 15:47:35 Последняя модификация 25/3/2021, 15:47:35 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 25/3/2021, 15:47:35|
Short assignment 1 - Preparing for the course
Short assignment 1 (out of 6) is now available in the assignment section.
The assignment is due by Monday 12.04.2021 at 23:59. Each day of delay in submission costs 5 points.
The assignment will help you prepare for the course, both programmatically (in Python) and mathematically (probability and linear algebra). This preparation is especially important for the 3 major wet assignments.
During the course we will use a Piazza forum for questions and discussions on the assignments, lectures, and tutorials.
Please register at: https://piazza.com/technion.ac.il/spring2021/236756/home
Wish you all a great semester!
|עדכון אחרון ב- 21/3/2021, 08:04:40 Last updated on 21/3/2021, 08:04:40 Последняя модификация 21/3/2021, 08:04:40 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 21/3/2021, 08:04:40|
Physical attendance to classes
We remind you that the lectures and the Tuesday tutorials will be held hybridly,
i.e., students can attend both physically and virtually.
Physical attendance is allowed according to the green pass (התו הירוק) only.
We currently do not require special registration for attending class,
but we again ask you to fill your preferences and information in the questionnaire
Finally, we remind you that the first lecture will be held on the upcoming Sunday (21.03) at 16:30-18:30 in Taub 1.
|פורסם ב- 18/3/2021, 16:48:22 Created on 18/3/2021, 16:48:22 Создано 18/3/2021, 16:48:22 تم النشر ب- 18/3/2021, 16:48:22|
First week announcements
Due to the election day on the semester's first Tuesday, the first lecture and the first Tuesday tutorial (by Itay) are rescheduled.
1. The first lecture will be held on the first day of the semester: Sunday, 21.03, at 16:30-18:30.
It will take place in Taub 1, broadcasted live on Zoom (links will be in the "Course material" section), and recorded to Panopto.
2. Itay's first tutorial will be held after Passover, on Sunday, 04.04, at 16:30-17:30.
It will take place in Taub 6 and broadcasted live on Zoom.
Finally, we would like to remind you again to answer the questionnaire in: https://forms.gle/TrLYLeAhcnu4kJuB7
|עדכון אחרון ב- 15/3/2021, 19:06:09 Last updated on 15/3/2021, 19:06:09 Последняя модификация 15/3/2021, 19:06:09 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 15/3/2021, 19:06:09|
Welcome to Introduction to Machine Learning! (+ link to questionnaire)
We are excited to begin the course next week!
1. First we would like to get to know you and understand how many people are planning to physically attend classes.
Please answer the questionnaire in: https://forms.gle/TrLYLeAhcnu4kJuB7
2. We will be mostly using the CS webcourse platform for announcements and sharing written materials.
3. All course materials are written in English. Classes themselves will be held in Hebrew. Exams - in Hebrew (also English upon request).
4. Links to the Zoom lectures and tutorials (and their recordings) will be available in the "Course material" section.
5. The course is not based on a single book. We do offer some references to prominent literature in the syllabus, and we may refer to relevant chapters as the course progresses.
6. Course grading and assignments:
- 60% exam
- 3 major programming assignments: 30% of final grade (mandatory, submitted in pairs only).
- 6 short assignments (mostly non-programming): 10% of final grade (mandatory, submitted individually) and also up to 5% "magen" to the final grade.
- See the syllabus for full details.
7. If for some reason you are registered but decided not to take the course, please inform us at as soon as possible.
Good luck and health,
Nir, Itay, Amir, and Guy.
|עדכון אחרון ב- 15/3/2021, 07:30:24 Last updated on 15/3/2021, 07:30:24 Последняя модификация 15/3/2021, 07:30:24 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 15/3/2021, 07:30:24|
Waiting list for registration
The course registration for undergraduate students has ended and is now closed.
Starting now, we open a waiting list for undergraduate students (with the required prerequisites) who wish to wait for a vacancy in case other students cancel their registration.
The application form is available at: https://forms.gle/dEJfJdwH1UbYd4Aq8
You can apply until Thursday, Februrary 4th.
Important: we will register applicants according to multiple considerations, not only the application date.
|עדכון אחרון ב- 27/1/2021, 12:56:53 Last updated on 27/1/2021, 12:56:53 Последняя модификация 27/1/2021, 12:56:53 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 27/1/2021, 12:56:53|
We emphasize again that the course has prerequisites which we fully enforce this semester.
The prerequisites are *both*:
(1) A course in probability (094412, 104034, or equivalent).
(2) A course in numerical algorithms (234125, 104283, 095295, 084135, or 034033).
(*) As an alternative to numerical algorithms we allow a course in optimization (236330, 046197, or 104193).
Students who registered to our course without these prerequisites, are asked to cancel their registration ASAP.
Please be considerate of other students who wish to register.
|עדכון אחרון ב- 13/1/2021, 13:33:39 Last updated on 13/1/2021, 13:33:39 Последняя модификация 13/1/2021, 13:33:39 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 13/1/2021, 13:33:39|
Initial course announcements
The machine learning course (236756) of the CS faculty is being updated.
Previously, the course was given in two different "versions": winter (more theoretical) and spring (more practical).
Looking forward, we aim to unify the course and create a blend of theory and practice.
We started this change during the last semester (Winter 20/21), and will continue it during the upcoming spring semester.
The course should give a clear and sound mathematical understanding of machine learning.
The students will also employ the learned machine learning algorithms to solve practical problems, mainly through the assignments.
To create a common mathematical language, the following prerequisites will be enforced in the coming spring semester:
1. Probability (094412 or 104034).
2. Numerical algorithms (234125, 104283, 095295, 084135, or 034033) or Optimization (236330, 046197, or 104193).
We will make effort to publish the course's syllabus and exact policy during the next week.
The course staff
|פורסם ב- 6/1/2021, 21:41:25 Created on 6/1/2021, 21:41:25 Создано 6/1/2021, 21:41:25 تم النشر ب- 6/1/2021, 21:41:25|