Required software for the tutorials and some recommendations
In our upcoming tutorials, you will be working with biological data and for this purpose, we will use R.
R is a popular programming language among data scientists and bioinformaticians.
Before our first tutorial please make sure you do this:
1. Install R and Rstudio (a user-friendly IDE for R) by following the instructions below:
2. Packages installation: R packages are similar to libraries in C/C++. Please take a few minutes to understand the concept of packages as described at: https://rstudio-education.github.io/hopr/packages2.html
For our first lessons, you’ll need to install tidyverse collection of packages that include most of the packages that you’re likely to use in data analyses (such as ggplot2, dplyr, stringr etc.).
Install all the packages in the tidyverse by running - install.packages("tidyverse") command in the Rstudio Console window.
You can read about different packages in the tidyverse here: https://www.tidyverse.org/packages/ .
1. In our first tutorial we will get familiar with R and Rstudio, however, this is just a drop in the ocean. I encourage you to learn the basic syntax of R before our first tutorial. There are endless introduction videos for R on youtube - I am sure you will find the one that is best for you.
2. Bring your laptop for the tutorials. you don't have to, but it is recommended since during the tutorial I will give you some tasks to try and write code by yourself.
3. Please fill up the questionnaire, spare a few minutes to tell us about yourself and your expectations. It helps us make the course and the tutorial better.
Feel free to e-mail if you need any help -
|עדכון אחרון ב- 21/10/2021, 13:59:35 Last updated on 21/10/2021, 13:59:35 Последняя модификация 21/10/2021, 13:59:35 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 21/10/2021, 13:59:35|
We want to get to know you
|It's a week until the start of the semester, and we are excited to get to know you.|
Please fill out the following questionnaire: https://forms.gle/2azYeRN5hK6Yq7HD8
It will help us understand who you are, what is your background, and what you hope to
gain from this course.
Dvir & Almog
|פורסם ב- 17/10/2021, 15:14:25 Created on 17/10/2021, 15:14:25 Создано 17/10/2021, 15:14:25 تم النشر ب- 17/10/2021, 15:14:25|