Important message regarding GitHub issues
From now on we will communicate with you about topics specific to your team using GitHub issues. You are required to follow your GitHub account and repository, and you should follow our comments and reply to our questions. This is part of your Git work grade.
Moreover, issues is a place for you to ask questions and request our feedback and advisory. You are welcome to ask questions using issues and tag your supervisor. Label them with “help wanted” and we will do our best to answer.
GitHub issues is a great tool for managing your team work and for keeping track on your progress, and you should use it during the development.
We are preparing for the Azure lecture you will have on 18.12. In order to open azure accounts for each team you need to do the following steps:
1. Open azure account using a Gmail (Important!) address of one of the teammates.
2. Fill in the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/TMTJaEeRszWpBeUs1
Lectures materials + Feedback for Firebase and Git workshops
1. The materials for the lecture tomorrow are now available on the course website.
2. We would like to hear your feedback about the Firebase and Git workshops. Please fill the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/k16UMoMPkJsV9CSw2
Backlog submission is now published
Backlog submission instructions are now published under the assignments. Please note all the submission parts and their due dates.
You have already talked about backlog stories on git workshop and Oren will talk about it too in the lecture tomorrow.
Firebase tutorial location
|Firebase tutorial tomorrow, 16:30 - 18:30, will take place at Ulman 302.|
|Firebase tutorial will be held on Monday, 12.11, 16:30 - 18:30. Location will be published later.|
Clarification for HW3
The PDF you submit for HW3 should include:
- Description of your classes (for example, methods you create and override)
- Description of your layouts hierarchies and components
- An explanation about your app resources (colors, strings, styles)
- If you changed something in AndroidManifest you should mention that too
- You should document every non-trivial action you have done while developing your app. It is enough to just mention trivial actions.
Since we haven't made these requirements clear for HW1 and HW2, these requirements will be checked for HW3 only.
Firebase tutorial and workshop
Next week Ron will hold a tutorial on Firebase. Attendance is recommended since Firebase is not covered in lectures, and includes many tools that you should know and that will be part of your app.
Please choose a time slot comfortable for you in the following link:
The workshop will take about one hour, and after that you will have time to ask questions and to work on your backlog submission. Chosen time slot will be published on Saturday evening.
HW3 is now published
|HW3 is now available. Due date: 13.11.18. If you have any questions you should contact the TAs.|
Lecture location, workshop tomorrow and form submission
We want to remind you a few things:
- Starting tomorrow, the lectures will take place at Ulman 801
- Tomorrow the lecture will end at 15:30 and then we will hold a tutorial on git and GitHub. Attendance is recommended!
- Please fill in the following form and submit it as a team until 7.11.18. https://goo.gl/forms/ELxZeweVLqUEyZ303
App names + GitHub accounts + Google Play accounts
Please fill in this form and submit it as a team. Due date is 7.11.18.
Course Staff :)
Git Tutorial, HW2 and change in lecture location
- We remind you that the lecture tomorrow is cancelled due to the elections
- Next week we will hold a tutorial about git and Github right after the lecture (same location), at 15:30. Attendance is recommended since git work is part of your grade.
- Starting next week, the lectures will take place at Ulman 801
- HW2 is now published. Due date: 06.11.18. (HW1 can still be submitted until tomorrow)
השאלת מכשירי אנדרואיד
|סטודנטים המעוניינים להשכיר לצורך הפרויקט ארונית לשמירת חפצים במעבדה / טאבלט / מכשיר סלולארי מוזמנים לפנות אל רומי אלקובי במייל -או בטלפון 050-4686861. יש לתאם מולה מראש.|
UG registration should now be fixed
|UG registration should now be fixed and all of you should be registered to group 20 in both 236503 and 236603. If there are still any problems, contact Ron.|
|If any of you is still not registered to one or both of the courses 236503 or 236603, contact Ron ASAP and make sure that you have enough points left for both courses. (Maximum points for UG student should be 29)|
HW1 is published
HW1 is now available on the course website. Due date is 30.10. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the TAs.
Change in lecture location
|The lecture changed its location to Ulman 804|
|Due to the strike tomorrow, the lecture will end at 14:30.|
|Few important details:|
- Lectures: Lectures will take place at Ulman 806. The first 4 lectures will be on Tuesdays, 12:30-16:00. Other lectures will be on Tuesdays, 12:30-14:30.
- Course schedule and grading policy are now available on the course website. Please read them carefully. HW1 will be published right after the first lecture.
- All of you should have Android Studio installed already (HW0). If you have any problems with the setup, contact Ron immediately. No postponements will be given for HW assignments due to Android Studio issues.
We wish you an awesome semester!
HW0 is now available
It's about time to setup Android IDE on your computer. HW0 will instruct you how to so, and it is now available under 'assignments'.
HW0 should not be submitted and is not part of your final grade.
Please note that Android IDE and SDK installations download large files from the internet. You might want to download it in advance or do it in background while you work on other things.
If you have any problems, let us know.
Due date for course enrollment
|Due date for course enrollment is 15.08.18.|
|You may apply for the course via the following form:|
Registration is available to groups of 3 students. Students applying must have taken OOP or Yearly Project.
Exceptions will be discussed separately - please provide details in the form above.
Final enrollment decisions will be published few weeks before the semester starts.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ron (TA in charge) by email.