No lecture this week
|The lecture on Wednesday (27/05) is cancelled - the material for this lecture will not be considered for the quiz|
|פורסם ב- 25/5/2020, 23:14:36 Created on 25/5/2020, 23:14:36 Создано 25/5/2020, 23:14:36 تم النشر ب- 25/5/2020, 23:14:36|
Lab3 and Lab4 grades are now online
The grades of Lab3 and Lab4 assignments are online. Please see the attached notes:
1) Students who received 0 in the *wet part* are allowed to submit appeals by Thursday 28/05/2020. Please send your id1_id2.tar.gz submission to Lina ( with the correct format and without any change in the source files).
Again, the instructions regarding the submission format and your questionary template file are clear! Please follow them correctly and you are not going to lose penalty points!
2) We don't accept appeals for the dry part. If there is an exceptional problematic question, please notify the TAs.
3) Each question of the dry part has 10 points. The dry part is 20% from your final grade.
|עדכון אחרון ב- 25/5/2020, 17:57:28 Last updated on 25/5/2020, 17:57:28 Последняя модификация 25/5/2020, 17:57:28 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 25/5/2020, 17:57:28|
|- To get 80 in lab 6 you should successfully run the grading script and implement one challenge. |
Especially, pay attention to Exercise 11---you should use interrupts to transmit or to receive packets, ideally to do both.
- To get 90 you need to implement another challenge.
- To get 100 you need to propose your own challenge (or extend an existing challenge) and implement it.
- Exceptional projects can get up to 105 points
|פורסם ב- 22/5/2020, 21:28:16 Created on 22/5/2020, 21:28:16 Создано 22/5/2020, 21:28:16 تم النشر ب- 22/5/2020, 21:28:16|
How we grade the course
|The final grade will be composed of:|
30% of quiz grade
35% of labs1-5 grade
35% of final project grade
Please note that to get 100 points for the project, you must go beyond the elementary requirement stated in the lab, and this includes all possible projects, and not only the NIC driver.
For example, in the project that implements swap support. You need to go beyond a simple implementation. For instance, implement more than one swapping algorithm and show the differences between the two algorithms to get 100 points.
|עדכון אחרון ב- 22/5/2020, 19:01:55 Last updated on 22/5/2020, 19:01:55 Последняя модификация 22/5/2020, 19:01:55 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 22/5/2020, 19:01:55|
|Quiz duration is 1:30 h. No materials allowed, only pens.|
Do not forget to bring your student IDs.
In order to get an additional time for the quiz students should
have an official permission from the faculty secretariat.
Please bring the permission paper to the quiz.
|פורסם ב- 20/5/2020, 22:07:59 Created on 20/5/2020, 22:07:59 Создано 20/5/2020, 22:07:59 تم النشر ب- 20/5/2020, 22:07:59|
HW5 is published
|פורסם ב- 16/5/2020, 07:47:41 Created on 16/5/2020, 07:47:41 Создано 16/5/2020, 07:47:41 تم النشر ب- 16/5/2020, 07:47:41|
Correction for lab 4's questionary
|Question 5 of lab 4's questionary should refer to Exercise 9 and not as was written in the file.|
Updated questionary was uploaded to the server under the same url.
|פורסם ב- 12/5/2020, 18:57:22 Created on 12/5/2020, 18:57:22 Создано 12/5/2020, 18:57:22 تم النشر ب- 12/5/2020, 18:57:22|
|On Sunday 10.05, at 16:30, we will hold a supplementary lecture on zoom with Prof. Dan Tsafrir.|
The subject of the lecture is "Supercomputer scheduling 1".
Dan's Zoom meeting room will be used for this lecture:
|פורסם ב- 6/5/2020, 08:46:24 Created on 6/5/2020, 08:46:24 Создано 6/5/2020, 08:46:24 تم النشر ب- 6/5/2020, 08:46:24|
HW4 is published
|פורסם ב- 2/5/2020, 09:54:30 Created on 2/5/2020, 09:54:30 Создано 2/5/2020, 09:54:30 تم النشر ب- 2/5/2020, 09:54:30|
Lab1 and Lab2 grades are online
|Dear students, |
The grades of Lab1 and Lab2 assignments are online. Please see the attached notes:
1) Students who received 0 in the *wet part* are allowed to submit appeals until Tuesday 05/05/2020. Please send your id1_id2.tar.gz solution to Lina ( in the correct format- without any changes in the source files).
2) We don't accept appeals for the dry part. If there is an exeptional problematic question, please notify the TAs.
3) Each question of the dry part has 10 points. The dry part is 30% from the final grade.
4) Regarding the template file that contains the dry part questions (labn-questionary.txt) :
Fill your answers on appropriate blank lines only.
Don't start any line with three equal signs "===".
Don't edit any lines starting from three equal signs "===".
|עדכון אחרון ב- 30/4/2020, 15:30:13 Last updated on 30/4/2020, 15:30:13 Последняя модификация 30/4/2020, 15:30:13 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 30/4/2020, 15:30:13|
Lecture tomorrow is replaced with File Systems #2 recitation
|עדכון אחרון ב- 26/4/2020, 23:25:09 Last updated on 26/4/2020, 23:25:09 Последняя модификация 26/4/2020, 23:25:09 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 26/4/2020, 23:25:09|
HW3 is published
|HW3 submission is due on 3/5/2020|
|פורסם ב- 18/4/2020, 15:45:28 Created on 18/4/2020, 15:45:28 Создано 18/4/2020, 15:45:28 تم النشر ب- 18/4/2020, 15:45:28|
|Dear students, |
1. Your solution file must be in id1_id2.tar.gz format, where id1 is the id number of the first partner and id2 is the id number of the second partner.
Who has already submitted the Lab1, please rename your solution and submit it again.
2. All Labs must be submitted in "Assignment" section, one of the partners needs to submit it and fill the id of your partner there.
3. We have strict rules for lat submissions, one day of late submission reduces 10 points (Friday and Saturday is a one day).
|עדכון אחרון ב- 29/4/2020, 13:18:39 Last updated on 29/4/2020, 13:18:39 Последняя модификация 29/4/2020, 13:18:39 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 29/4/2020, 13:18:39|
|Starting from the next homework, we will not accept single submissions. All, please use the spreadsheet below to find a partner.|
If you don't have a partner, write your name, id and email inside, and periodically check for other people on the spreadsheet.
|עדכון אחרון ב- 28/3/2020, 15:38:23 Last updated on 28/3/2020, 15:38:23 Последняя модификация 28/3/2020, 15:38:23 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 28/3/2020, 15:38:23|
|Do to popular demand, we're switching lessons to traditional (rather reverse-classroom) format.|
|פורסם ב- 27/3/2020, 15:54:36 Created on 27/3/2020, 15:54:36 Создано 27/3/2020, 15:54:36 تم النشر ب- 27/3/2020, 15:54:36|
HW2 is published
|This HW is due in 19/4/2020|
|עדכון אחרון ב- 27/3/2020, 15:51:35 Last updated on 27/3/2020, 15:51:35 Последняя модификация 27/3/2020, 15:51:35 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 27/3/2020, 15:51:35|
HW1 is published
|This HW is due in 28/3/2020|
|פורסם ב- 19/3/2020, 09:35:49 Created on 19/3/2020, 09:35:49 Создано 19/3/2020, 09:35:49 تم النشر ب- 19/3/2020, 09:35:49|
Sunday (22.03) Recitation
|On Sunday (22.03.2020) at 16:30, we will hold a replacement recitation as described in the google document:|
The zoom meeting for Sunday is
|פורסם ב- 18/3/2020, 18:33:51 Created on 18/3/2020, 18:33:51 Создано 18/3/2020, 18:33:51 تم النشر ب- 18/3/2020, 18:33:51|
Online operating systems engineering!
|Welcome to OSE 2020 -- the online version!|
Our first virtual meeting will take place tomorrow, Wednesday, 16:30, via this zoom link:
(see some more alternatives to connect below).
So if you haven't already, please download and install a Zoom client on your device(s) via:
The way things will work (as long as we can't physically meet) is outlined in this google doc:
In the Zoom meeting, please leave your microphone muted and your video camera off, and raise your virtual Zoom hand if you wish to speak.
See you then!
OSE 2020 stuff
Topic: OSE 2020 intro
Time: Mar 18, 2020 16:30 Jerusalem
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 490 911 562
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+972 3 978 6688 Israel
+972 55 330 1762 Israel
Meeting ID: 490 911 562
Find your local number: https://technion.zoom.us/u/a1cjnOpYs
|עדכון אחרון ב- 17/3/2020, 22:56:09 Last updated on 17/3/2020, 22:56:09 Последняя модификация 17/3/2020, 22:56:09 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 17/3/2020, 22:56:09|
|The structure of the course is as follows:|
1. First half of the course consists of TA recitations related to XV6, an operating system that is similar to JOS.
* Both TAs will teach different subjects, Aviv on Wednesdays and Boris on Thursdays.
* Each recitation will be different.
* Everyone should arrive for both
2. Second half of the course consists of lectures about advanced topics in operating systems by Prof. Dan Tsafrir.
First lectured is introduction by Prof. Dan Tsafrir.
Full expected course calendar available on https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=ZDE2azk1YjNkNWcyNmExbDl2Y3M4bnM3aDRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
|פורסם ב- 10/3/2020, 16:28:18 Created on 10/3/2020, 16:28:18 Создано 10/3/2020, 16:28:18 تم النشر ب- 10/3/2020, 16:28:18|
Replacement recitation on Sunday 22.03.2020
|On Sunday (22.03.2020) at 16:30 in Taub 2, we will hold a replacement recitation instead of a recitation at the end of the semester.|
|פורסם ב- 10/3/2020, 15:51:07 Created on 10/3/2020, 15:51:07 Создано 10/3/2020, 15:51:07 تم النشر ب- 10/3/2020, 15:51:07|
Welcome to course 236376 - Operating Systems Engineering, Spring 2020!
|We encourage you to ask questions on course's piazza:|
|עדכון אחרון ב- 5/2/2020, 10:08:08 Last updated on 5/2/2020, 10:08:08 Последняя модификация 5/2/2020, 10:08:08 تمت الحتلنة الأخيرة ب- 5/2/2020, 10:08:08|