HW4 - MPI
|tsp_project_windows.zip 399 KB|
ex4.pdf 28499 Bytes
tsp_linux.zip 24989 Bytes
tests.zip 1742 Bytes
|HW4 is supposed to work on ds-bl2xx. However you can develop on windows ( see below).|
HW4 - Windows project
1. Download MPICH2.0 from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/1.0.8/mpich2-1.0.8-win-ia32.msi
2. Install using all the defaults ( otherwise the steps below will not work)
3. Download the MS Visual Studio 2003 solution zip ( tsp.zip)
Rename your file from *.c to *.cpp and add them to the project
We provide tsp_236370.obj for convenience. To compile your own version you should remove this file from the project.
A few points;
1. Disable Windows Firewall, or add the exceptions to allow MPI to run on your computer. Typically windows will ask you whether you want to add the exception. You should confirm.
2. I will not be able to help much if something is not "compiling", or not "running" on windows. I tested everything on my computer, the instructions on how to use MPI are also rather elaborate and clear.
Read the manual of MPICH for windows.
3. YOU MUST CHECK THAT EVERYTHING IS WORKING ON DS-BL2XX
Tutorial as scheduled on Sunday 23/1
|As opposed to what was previously said, the tutorial and reception hour on Sunday 23/1 will be according to the usual schedule.|