Change in Public Demo Hours
|The public demo (which will take place as part of the CS yearly project fair, on 26/06/2018) has been moved to 1300.|
Lina's reception hour this week (10.06.18) is cancelled
|Lina's reception hour this week (10.06.18) is cancelled. For any urgent issue please contact her by mail.|
Posters Submission - Reminder
The poster must be submitted by Tuesday, 05/06/2018.
This is a hard deadline, as the posters need time to be processed by the printing service.
As a reminder, this week is going to be held a peer review in our class.
Each team is going to present it's project to the entire class.
Live demos will be highly valued, but videos and presentation are also acceptable.
Also, the PR competition is going to be held!
Presentation order can be found here:
Please note that presenting is mandatory and that all students must be present in the presentations of other teams.
Poster and video for the Public Demo
In preparation for the Public Demo (on 26/06/2018), you are required to submit a poster and a video.
|The complete source of the Xamarin sample app from Boris's talk has been uploaded to the Course Material section (in the same item as the slides).|
Lina's reception hour this week (13.05.18) is cancelled
|Lina's reception hour this week (13.05.18) is cancelled|
Individual reviews order
This week we will have a 1-hour class, and then individual reviews. Here is the order of the reviews. Good luck!
Arduino Course - Next Lectures
The next lecture (Tuesday 01.05.18) will be about Xamarin, Azure and Wemos.
You are requested to download Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Community.Make sure you choose Xamrain in the install options. Please download it from this link:
Also, we want to remind you that in two weeks from now (Tuesday 08.05.18), we will hold the first individual reviews. You will be required to present your progress so far, and your future plans for the projects, to the course staff.
Each team has received a budget sheet. Managing this budget is your responsibility.
You have to track all your expences in this sheet in order to get a refund in the end of the year.
If you buy things in the store, you should ask for the receipt to be for "הטכניון". If they ask you in the store if you want "הטכניון" or "מוסד הטכניון", ask for "הטכניון".
1. O.fi in hadar. This store is great, but most of their products aren't listed in their website.
2. Lion Electronics. Located in Hadar / downtown. Note their uniq opening hours.
3. 4project. A great israeli website. The owner, Alex is very professional and responsive to emails. Regular delivery takes 1 week, and there is a boxit service for a 1 day delivery to th eSuper Pharm in zief center
Boris's reception hour this week (11.04.18) is cancelled
|Boris's reception hour this week (11.04.18) is cancelled|
Honweork - week 2
|Dear student, your assignmet this:|
1. finish the BlueTooth exercises:
1.a. Send a string from your phone to the HC-06, and make the Arduino return it upper case
1.b. Receive commands from the phone, and change the status of the on board LED accordingally
2. Each team received a personal assignment to kick-start your projects. From now own you are responsible for managing your own time and tasks, and we will not do it for you.
Changes in office hours this week
This week, there will be a few changes in the staff office hours:
On Monday (26/03), Marina's office hours will be canceled. Instead, Boris will hold office hours on Monday, at 1400-1500.
On Wednesday (28/03), Boris's office hours will be moved to 1030-1130.
|Following today's lecture, you have 2 tasks for the next class:|
1. Finish the exercises we've started (motor+potentiometer, servo).
2. Nock down the 3-cube tower using the fourth one. Only the fourth cube is allowed to contact the tower. There are many different ways to accomplish this. Be creative =] (You can see a demonstration of the expected result in the Facebook group).
Send us a video of the above via email/our Facebook group.
|Registered IoT students,|
Please bring at least one computer for each team to the first class, Tuesday 12:30 @ Taub 5.
We would also like to remind you that attendance is mandatory