Credit points: 3.0
To provide students with:
- Hands-on experience in performing a software project of modest size derived from a real-world industrial need.
- Experience with the software development cycle.
- Exposure to modern software development tools and technologies.
To provide industry with:
- Opportunity to test ideas and build prototypes.
- Exposure to CS students for fresh ideas and future employment.
- Team of two students, each investing approximately 120 hours over one semester (14 weeks), supervised by a qualified engineer/scientist.
- Course worth 3 academic credits.
- Work may be performed in any Technion lab, or in company/home, as agreed between students and supervisor.
- Periodic monitoring by academic coordinator.
- Course grade determined by academic coordinator in consultation with industrial supervisor.
- Industrial supervisors expected to meet students every two weeks on the average, and interact regularly by phone/email.