This week's lecture
|This is a reminder that this week’s lecture will be slightly adjusted:|
We will start exactly on time, assume everyone is familiar with the SSD background from last week, skip the break, and finish at 11:00.
You are encouraged to register and attend the TCE conference that will take place in Taub 1 on Wednesday and Thursday: http://tce.technion.ac.il/events/coding-for-storage-and-information-systems/
|- On May 10 we will have two talks: one in the regular hour and place and another one at 12:30 in Taub 4. Don’t forget to fill the questionnaire for the two papers.|
- The lecture on May 17 is cancelled.
- Systor (Storage and Systems Conference) 2017 will be held in IBM Haifa on May 22-24: http://www.systor.org/2017/program.html
Many of the papers presented (and keynotes) are highly relevant to this seminar’s topics. Registration is free and recommended!
- Please don’t forget to send me your slides after the presentation. Useful guidelines for organizing your presentation can be found here: https://users.ece.cmu.edu/~pueschel/teaching/guides/guide-presentations.pdf
Paper assignment and questionnaire
|The paper assignments are posted under the "events" section. Please check your assignment and let me know as soon as possible if there are any problems.|
The questionnaire is available here: https://goo.gl/forms/Qe0TsdrfQMKB3Lrz1
You should fill it out every week by Tuesday evening, starting next week, even if you miss the lecture.
Welcome and paper selection
|Welcome again to the seminar!|
The list of papers has been posted in the "material" section, and you can start looking at them and selecting a paper you would like to present.
A few notes on paper selection:
- The order of the presentations will be similar to the order in the list (although minor changes are possible).
- Undergraduate students: you should find a partner and choose papers in pairs.
- Please send me (by email) a list of 2-3 papers you are interested in presenting, in order of priority, and any constraint you might have regarding the time of the presentation.
- Paper assignment will be made based on your requests, constraints, and background.
See you next week,